Characteristics of the training programme
Collaborating entity: Pontifical University of Salamanca
Number of credits: 60 ECTs
Language(s) Taught in: English
Aimed at: Graduates, undergraduates, graduates and engineering students of any field of study.
Objectives: To train professionals in the different key areas of management and business management, in decision making and in the development of the main managerial competences.
- Emma García Meca. University Professor. Vice-president of the Association of Accounting Professors (ASEPUC). National representative in the European Accounting Association. Visiting researcher at the University of Glasgow (Scotland), Aarhus University (Denmark) and University College of Dublin (Ireland). Lecturer in Accounting and Finance at the Polytechnic University of Cartagena. Accésit Prize Fundación de Estudio Financieros
- Miguel López González de León. Graduate in Economics and Business Studies from the Universidad San Pablo CEU. PhD in Applied Economics from the Complutense University of Madrid. Executive MBA from the Instituto de Empresa and PDA Senior Management from ESADE.
- Andrés Artal Tur. PhD Extraordinary Award from the University of Valencia. Researcher at the Institute of International Economics, University of Valencia. Professor of Business Administration at the Faculty of Business Sciences, Polytechnic University of Cartagena. Positive evaluation of teaching merits of Teaching and Research Staff: 4. Positive evaluation of research six-year periods: 2. Positive evaluation of transfer six-year periods: 1.
- Concepción Zamora Cáceres. Professional with experience in the financial area, specialising in taxation and invoicing. For the last fifteen years I have been responsible for the entire tax management of one of the largest publishing groups in the country, Grupo Unidad Editorial, and for the last three years, I have been responsible for the group’s invoicing. Committed, analytical, executive and results-oriented. Team player with good communication skills. Able to translate technical tax issues into practical business solutions and specialised in coordinating the correct integration of invoicing into the business process.
- David del Ser Díaz. Financial Director in different relevant national and international companies. Master in Big Data Universidad Complutense de Madrid. Professional Master’s Degree in Economic-Financial Management (CEF). Master in Business Administration (UNED). Honours Degree in Business Administration. University of Lincolnshire and Humberside
- Marta Escutia. As a structured finance professional with almost 10 years of experience in the sector, she has developed analytical and quantitative skills, competence in the analysis of various types of collateral, a solid understanding of the legal and structural characteristics of cross-jurisdictional transactions and active relationships with market participants. Being responsible for covered bond analytical activity in several European countries, he is actively involved in the disclosure of information in European countries and actively participates in outreach activity with issuers, investors and the development of new standards and the drafting of articles and commentaries.
- José Carlos Soto Gómez. Director of the Masters in Digital Marketing, Big Data and Business Analytics, Big Data and Data Science, Applications to Commerce, Business and Finance Universidad Complutense de Madrid. Director of the MBA in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Universidad Complutense de Madrid. Director of the Master’s Degree in Digital Marketing, Social Media and Business Analytics Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia. Professor of the Department of Business Organisation and Marketing Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- Armando Heras Ruiz. Director of Digital Strategy at CMC XXI, specialising in finance, audits and financing. Coordinator of the Master’s Degree in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- Paloma Serra Garcia-Mira. Secretary of Management and Administration at Real Sociedad Económica de Murcia. Diploma in Business Studies and Graduate in Business Administration and Management.
Module 1: Economy (6 ECTs)
Supply and Demand. Elasticities and Market Equilibrium.
Overview of macroeconomics.
Gross domestic product
National income versus disposable income. Per capita income.
Module 2: Business Organization and Administration (6 ECTs)
Understanding today´s company
The Theory of Management and Functions in the Organization
Internal Organization of the Company: An Opperational Approach
The Company in the New Millenium
Module 3: Management Accounting (6 ECTs)
Classification of costs
How to calculate the costs of manufacturing
Cost Control Model
Relevant Cost for decision making
Module 4: Financial Reporting (6 ECTs)
The financial statements
The recording processes
Adjusting the accounts
Reporting accounting numbers
Accounting for sales revenue and receivables
Cost of goods sold and inventories
Current liabilities; long term debt
Plant assets, natural resources and intangible assets
Corporations. Organization, share transactions and equity
The cash flow statement
Financial statement analysis
Ratios analysis overview
Module 5: Human Resources Management (6 ECTs)
Jobs analysis and description
Staff position planification
Identification and mapping of competencies and available positions
Management styles and leadership of human teams
Management skills and change management
Work well-being and healthy organizations
International human resources management
New trends in human resource management
Module 6: Business & Financial Ethics (6 ECTs)
Integrity and business Ethics
The Ethics of Finance
Blockchain and its regulation
Cybersecurity and Crime
Artificial Intelligence and FinTech
A decentralized future
Positive impact of FinTechs
Conclusion. An inclusive approach to the collective future.
Module 7: Innovation Management (6 ECTs)
Introduction to innovation as a concept and key terms
Innovation life cycle
The team and its importance
What is an innovation strategy?
Innovation projects and how to manage them
Module 8: Advanced financing models (6 ECTs)
Importance of financial management in the Startup
Introduction to financial statements
The financial plan
Sources of financing for start-ups
Module 9: TFM (12 ECTs)
La finalidad del TFM sintetiza el objetivo central de los estudios. Es un documento de carácter integrador a través de la cual el alumno pone en práctica los conocimientos adquiridos durante toda la formación, que le permita investigar ámbitos propios de aplicación en el entorno empresarial.